Monday, February 20, 2012

Donor Request

Friends,

As you know, Letitia and I have been praying for wisdom on how to proceed with Nicole's potential donor.  I know this may sound strange, but Letitia and I do not have the names of everyone that called the hospital and/or have volunteered to be a potential donor for Nicole.  We know that many people called the hospital anonymously without ever informing us of their decision.  And to make matters worse, the hospital will not tell us all of the names of the individuals that contacted them for privacy reasons.  (I could blog about that for pages and pages!)  Therefore, if you have volunteered in the past and/or would like to be a potential donor for Nicole please contact us either through a private message on Facebook or an email to bbmillerr@earthlink.net.  Without a complete list of individuals who have volunteered it is extremely difficult to make the most informed decision about how to proceed.

Thank you so much for your willingless to support Nicole in this process as a potential donor and also for your prayer support.  It is such a blessing to know that so many care for her and our family.

For His Glory,
Brian Miller

4 comments:

  1. Brian

    More prayer is on the way... I put her on the prayer list at Berean... I did not include her last name but our Lord will know how to direct our prayer needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are continuing to pray at Providence Church.
    Mark Hamilton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Brian--

    We have never met. I hope you'll forgive me for responding anonymously; this is not the way I typically operate. I read your request for a donor for Nicole in February, and after several days, I felt compelled to contact the transplant center. I received the word last week that I am compatible, and I match 2 antigens with Nicole. I know that you have other compatible people to consider. I also know that you have asked for volunteers to identify themselves. I did not come forth for several reasons. First, you do not know me, and I did not feel it would be worthwhile for me to identify myself when my ability to help Nicole was uncertain. I still hesitate to tell you who I am until I know that I can most definitely help Nicole. I have the blessing of my spouse in this process, which is the only blessing I seek besides God's in this decision, but I do not feel the need to tell others at this point. However, I feel compelled to let you know that my motives come from a simple place: compassion and a desire to serve. I will continue to pray fervently for Nicole and your family. I believe wholeheartedly in God's goodness and power. I believe, without a doubt, that the hand of God is guiding your family. I apologize for responding in such a public forum. Please feel free to delete this posting. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Anonymous,

    Thank you so much for contacting us!! We have been praying diligently for the Lord to lead us on how to proceed and your contact could not have come at a better time. We understand your desire to remain anonymous and we will respect that as long as you wish to remain that way. However, my wife and I would like to ask a couple of general questions of you if at all possible. If you don't mind, could you please contact us privately via email at Bbmillerr@earthlink.net. We trust that the Lord will continue to guide you and us in this process and are so thankful that the Lord has moved you and that you have been obedient to His leading. What an incredible blessing. We hope to hear from you soon. Once again, we will not require your identity if you feel it best at this time. Blessings, Brian and Letitia

    ReplyDelete